Rules & Regulations
- The Commercial Exhibit is intended for commercial enterprises – e.g., industry, governmental, for profit and not-for-profit. The University Exhibit is exclusively dedicated to universities and their students, not commercial enterprises.
- Application for exhibit space must be made online only. No early or temporary holds or applications will be accepted.
- Exhibit space application must be made by the company intending to use the space. An authorized representative of the company must complete the online application; submission indicates the organization agrees to comply with all rules and regulations of the show.
- Exhibit registration is limited to a maximum of one exhibit space (single, double, tabletop) per organization, per year.
- If different divisions/branches of an organization would like to request separate booth spaces, each division must complete the online application form. Show Management reserves the right to limit the number of divisions accommodated.
- Mergers: Credits are granted to the company name listed on the Exhibit Application Form. If a company then merges or is acquired, the resulting company may choose to use the highest credits of any of the previous companies. Credits will not be combined from merged companies. If a merger takes place after booth assignments have been made, the new merged company can only retain one assigned exhibit space and must forfeit the other assigned space. If this takes place after the exhibit cancellation date there will be no refund.
- Under no circumstances can any one company or division have more than a double booth.
- Company Name Change: Companies with a name change due to a merger or re-branding, must alert show management of the new name and credits will be transferred to the new company name. If notification has not been received credits may not be applied; affecting acceptance and/or booth selection.
- Company Divisions: Companies (or divisions) belonging to a parent company participating at the Conference cannot apply for exhibit space under the parent company’s credits unless they are participating under the parent company name. If the company (or division) chooses to exhibit on its own, it must earn and use its own credits to reserve space.
- Show Management reserves the right to make decisions deemed to be in the best interest of the Conference. All decisions made by Show Management regarding booth space eligibility are final.
- Exhibitors may not resell, sublet, or share booth space with any other company without the express permission of Show Management. Management reserves the right to require special liability agreements from proposed consortiums prior to accepting booth registration.
- II. Exhibitors must check in at Conference Headquarters, located on the first floor of the Taggart Student Center, on the Sunday before the exhibit opens, between 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM. Any organization arriving later than 2:00 PM is required to notify Show Management by the last week of July. Any organization that does not act in accordance will be considered a “no-show” and booth space will be reassigned at the discretion of Show Management.
- Exhibits must be set by 10:00 AM the first day of the exhibit show. Any organization not in compliance is subject to a deduction of three credits.
- Exhibits must be completely set and remain set and staffed throughout the posted exhibit hours. A deduction of three credits per exhibit will be applied to any organization breaking down their exhibit before 12:00 PM on the last day of the Conference.
- An organization will lose three credits for any violation of the Show Rules and Regulations that cannot be remedied on-site. Examples include, but are not limited to:
- Late set-up or early tear-down of an exhibit
- Violation of height and space restrictions
- Subletting an exhibit space
- Exhibiting organizations will be issued a quantity of free exhibitor badge registrations based on booth type.
- The Complimentary Exhibitor Registrations are exclusively intended for employees actively working within the booth. These registrations are not to be offered to anyone outside of your organization.
- Exhibitor name badges will be assigned to specific individuals and may not be transferred at any time.
- Permanent substitutions may be made by the designated company representative only. Badges will be printed with the exhibiting organization’s name.
- Exhibitor name badges do not provide admission to the conference technical sessions.
- All exhibitors planning to attend Conference technical sessions must register for the Conference at the full conference rate.
- Cancellations of exhibit space and/or sponsorship will be refunded less a $250 cancellation fee. To receive refund (less the cancellation fee), exhibit managers must notify Show Management in writing by May 31, 2024. Thereafter, no refunds provided for cancelled reservations. In the event of show cancellation at any time, Show Management liability is limited to a refund of exhibitor registration fees only.
- If an exhibiting company has not paid for their space by the payment deadline, Show Management reserves the right to cancel their application and reassign the space.
- Exhibits must adhere to display specifications as detailed in the exhibitor kit, comply with ADA (American Disabilities Act) requirements, and maintain tasteful displays. Show Management reserves the right to require adjustments to exhibit materials to ensure display compliance.
- No signage, banners or other items allowed outside of exhibit booth area, signage may not to be hung from the ceiling or conference facility walls. Provided booth height (pipe/drape) is eight feet. Signage and backdrops not to exceed twelve feet in accommodating areas, these areas and height restrictions are specified in the exhibitor kit.
- No helium balloons allowed in exhibit areas by order of the Utah State University Fire Marshall.
- Exhibits must comply with all fire laws, electrical codes, and all other rules, regulations, codes, statutes, or ordinances with respect to installation, conduct, and disassembly of exhibits. Exhibitors shall comply with all requests of the officials of the Conference facility and Show Management with respect to the installation, conduct, and disassembly of exhibits.
- Conference Management strongly encourages exhibitors to secure, at their own expense, appropriate liability/loss insurance and provide reasonable security for equipment and displays. The Conference and/or its affiliates will not be responsible for loss, theft, or damage to exhibitor-supplied equipment during any part of the exhibition. Security will be on-site throughout the show.
- Exhibitors may not distribute, duplicate, sell, or otherwise misuse Conference participant lists provided to them.
- Utah State University is a dry campus. Possessing, consuming, selling, distributing, manufacturing, and/or storing any alcoholic beverage on campus is strictly prohibited. Any exhibiting organization found noncompliant with the USU Alcohol Policy will be removed from the exhibit.
- Gifts and giveaways must be professional in nature. Show Management reserves the right to review giveaways and stop distribution of distasteful items.
- It is the responsibility of the exhibiting organization to ensure display items and written materials are approved for public release and not controlled under ITAR or any other export control laws (applicable only to US-based organizations).
- Organizations exhibiting at the Small Satellite Conference hereby agree to indemnify, protect, defend, and hold harmless the Utah State University and Space Dynamics Laboratory and its trustees, officers and agents, employees and students from any and all liability including claims, demands, losses, costs, damages and expenses of every kind and description (including death) or damage to persons or property, including but not resulting, directly or indirectly, from any act or omission of the exhibitor, its agents or employees or on accounts of injuries, death or property damage arising out of activities of the exhibitor as authorized by this agreement, or arising out of its use of exhibitor services and facilities, or arising as the result of any noncompliance with the American Disabilities Act.
- In accordance with the terms, conditions, and regulations governing exhibits, by checking the agreement box on the online registration form, each organization agrees to abide by the rules and regulations as stated above or as specifically designated by Show Management. Once accepted and space confirmed by Show Management, the registration form becomes a contract. Failure to abide by show rules and regulations will result in forfeiture of all monies paid under terms of this agreement.
- Show Management reserves the right to take action deemed to be in the best interest of the Conference. This includes, but is not limited to, making changes to the exhibit layout, adjustments to location assignment, show schedule, and Conference-related activities.
- Show Management reserves the right to cancel any exhibit space at any time for misrepresentation of products displayed or for noncompliance with any of the rules and regulations.
|Booth Type||Exhibitor Badges provided||What about additional staff?|
|Single (8x10)||3||Additional staff must register as an attendee for the conference. Early registration is recommended.|